How to donate.
We offer a variety of ways for you to support Woody’s Lodge. Explore our options to find the best way for you to give back to our Veterans.
Donate by text
Donate with ease through our text donation service. Whether you prefer a one-off contribution or wish to set up a regular, monthly gift, you can do it all conveniently from your phone.
Text MILITARY followed by your donation amount to 70085 to give that amount.
Texts will cost the donation amount plus one standard network rate message, and you’ll be opting into hearing more from us. If you would like to donate but don’t wish to hear more from us, please text MILITARYNOINFO instead.
Don’t forget to opt into Gift Aid when prompted.
Choose your preferred method to make a direct payment from your bank account to ours. Visit your bank in person or opt for a convenient online transfer.
Contact us for our bank details for direct transfers. Or donate online via our website & select ‘regular donation’ at the checkout.
Simply donate online via our secure website & select ‘regular donation’ at the checkout.
Send us any funds you have raised by cheque, direct bank transfer, PayPal, or through our Just Giving donation page. Please contact us for details.
Leave a gift in your will
By leaving a gift in your will, you help ensure that future generations continue to get all the support they need, no matter their situation.
Free Will Service
Our Free Will Service means your will is written for free by one of our trusted will writing partners.
Find out why leaving a gift in your will makes such a huge impact. Consider that just 1% of an estate worth £50,000 gifts our charity £500.
Support through loss
We understand carrying out someone’s final wishes can be a difficult process. We’re here to support you in any way we can.
Philanthropy & Corporate Giving
Why support Woody’s
As a committed Welsh Veterans’ charity, your support enables us to provide vital services to communities across Wales.
Why your support matters
Donations from people like you have helped us tackle loneliness in the Veteran community & save 27 lives through direct intervention.
Our promise to you
As a Registered Charity, you can donate with confidence knowing that your details are secure & that every penny makes a big difference in our community.
Donate in Memory
Honouring the memory of a loved one through a donation is a meaningful way to help our Veterans.
Nearly one million pounds in benefits were drawn down from the DWP to Veterans who didn’t know they were entitled to this money.
59% welfare cases
Our welfare teams contribute nearly two thirds of our workload each year.
2,500 lives enhanced
Veterans and their families’ lives have been improved significantly by our welfare work.
Drop-in centres throughout Wales give vital social support, and a sense of community, to those who served.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where does the money donated to Woody’s Lodge go?The money is used to set up and run new drop-in centres, support Veterans to complete DWP documentation, bring people together for activities and social event, transport to and from activities and drop-in centres and other essential support.
- What percentage of my donation helps Veterans?90% of your donation goes directly to supporting Veterans and emergency services personnel.
- Are my donations tax-deductible?Yes. There are 2 ways to claim tax if you are a UK taxpayer 1. For personal donations, Gift Aid can be claimed on your behalf by Woody’s Lodge. This adds an additional 25% to your donation. Complete a Gift Aid form or select the Gift Aid check box when donating online through Donr.com and Just-Giving.org 2. Higher rate tax payers can also opt for Gift Aid as stated above and an ADDITIONAL 15% can be claimed as a deductible expense on your self-assessment annual tax return If you own, or work for a company that wants to donate, any donations made to Woody’s Lodge can be offset to lower corporation tax in your annual account. (any tax advantages should be checked with your accountant prior to making your donation)
- Is there a minimum donation amount?No. There is no minimum. We are grateful for any amount received.
- How can I cancel or modify a recurring donation?Email [email protected] to cancel or modify regular donations through the website. For text donations please text STOP to 70085
- Will I receive a receipt for my donation?Receipts are generated automatically through the website donation facility. Text donations generate a “Thank You” message through SMS. Just Giving donations generate a “Thank You” message.
- How can I become a regular donor to Woody’s Lodge?You can donate regularly through our website donation button or though the text donation facility.
- Are there any specific fundraising campaigns or events I can support?We run a number of fundraising campaigns every year and more are being added all the time. To see current campaigns please visit the fundraising page of the website or the Woody’s Lodge Just Giving page.